Friday, September 25, 2015

Creating a Folder on Blogger


              So one of the challenges that I encountered this week in my Instructional Applications of the Internet course was figuring out how to create a folder within my blog. Since I am new to the blogging world, the only thing I really knew how to do up to this point was how to create posts. I invested a significant chunk of time searching, and finally found the information I needed from a teacher's YouTube tutorial dedicated to the topic. The man who created the video that I found was using Microsoft's Sky Drive to upload files that could then be opened through Blogger, so I decided to create my own tutorial showing how to do it using Blogger and Google Drive. I am a Google Girl, after all.


          This was yet another melding of ideas moment, which was the main point of my initial blog post. I took what I learned from Lance Yoder (who, by the way, has a whole bunch of technology-related tutorials you can check out at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_J4hDeeO9cSWaVKyxg3SYg) and produced a screencast with that newly obtained knowledge like the ones made by one of the professors I have right now. I was interested in trying out Screencast-O-Matic since the start of the semester, and this gave me a reason for doing so. I like that I now will be able to refer back to my own tutorial as a reference, and that the video might prove to be useful for others out there who find themselves feeling very clueless in creating folders within a blog.


           Here is the link to my screencast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq1lePxqDys&feature=youtu.be. If you have any additional questions after viewing the tutorial, feel free to comment below and I will do my best to respond back with an answer. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment